A Manufacturing Powerhouse
Manufactured Yorkshire is an exclusive interactive event put together in 2012 with the aim to bring together manufacturers of all shapes and sizes.
Attracting around 1,000 delegates over two days, ‘MY15’ focuses on the many challenges and opportunities for the region's manufacturing businesses. The programme and its presence within the event marketplace was in need of an overhaul; a brand to match the quality of its content and reputation.
Manufactured Yorkshire was to host key opinion leaders sharing their knowledge and expertise across every aspect of running and growing a manufacturing business. The programme was set to be one of the highest standard in the industry and a huge accolade for Yorkshire and organisers were keen to communicate exclusivity for the manufacturing industry. UKTI, The Manufacturing Advisory Service and Welcome to Yorkshire also supported the event as partners.
The event needed a brand and website that would effectively communicate this high standard and opportunities on offer to those in the sector: exclusive, international and bespoke.
The Engine Room was chosen as an official sponsor as well as the branding partners for Manufactured Yorkshire. We worked with the event organisers to identify the key communication and promotional tools that would be the most relevant as well as the overall brand and identity. With so much content that needed to be presented succinctly and coherently, MY15 needed an effective communication plan consisting of a well-designed and easy to navigate website, social media assets, a strong brand with longevity for future associated events and printed literature.
The Engine Room worked on building a bespoke functional web template incorporating a new identity and colour palette. We rolled out the brand online and created a cost-effective reversible delegate brochure to be used across both days. We themed the brand and it’s images on ‘engineering’ and ‘food & drink’; the two main topics across the event.
- Manufactured Yorkshire attracted some of the biggest business speaker names in manufacturing and food and drink, including Morrisons, Asda, EEF and Haribo.
- The event attracted around 1000 delegates over the two days.
- The exhibition hall sold out of stands.
- MY15 generated hundreds of followers online through Twitter and Linkedin.
- MY15 attracted eight international countries to the area to make new business links.
- Delegates and speakers from Slovakia, the US, Thailand, Iceland, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Ireland travelled to Huddersfield to present the market opportunities and issues in their areas.
"The branding for MY15 needed an overhaul and The Engine Room delivered a really fresh, different brand with longevity. I have worked with a few agencies and they stand way above the rest in terms of professionalism and efficiency. A great team to work with. Genuinely a sound bunch. Eleven out of ten."Chrissie Slater, Organiser and Curator.